Communicators — AAC Assessment Kit
Speech therapists use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) assessments to diagnose an individual with a communication disorder and to prescribe a course of action to help them function or acquire communication skills.
Many people — both children and adults — benefit from AAC assessments. Speech therapists provide these screenings to people who have had disabilities their whole lives as well as those who have acquired a disability, such as through an accident or disease. Some specific limitations can interfere with language development and communication. People with autism, cerebral palsy, intellectual disabilities, apraxia or other conditions can all see a speech therapist to improve communication and live more connected lives.
Products Needed for an AAC Assessment
Speech therapists work with a wide variety of individuals. Accordingly, these professionals need tools to help them accurately conduct AAC assessments for people of all ability levels.
At Enabling Devices, we supply speech therapists with everything they need to serve their clients, including communicators, switches, switch-adapted products, mounting equipment and icon-making software. Our products can help you assess individuals with diverse motor and verbal capabilities.
Benefits of Buying a Kit
As a speech therapist, you want to focus on serving your clients and providing them with solutions that work. For this reason, we have created a complete AAC assessment kit for Speech Therapists. It includes 24 essential items any therapist should have in their office.
With all these tools at your fingertips, you can save time and money and spend more energy helping the people who rely on you. Consider ordering our AAC assessment kit, or contact us today for more information.
Included in kit:
• Small Talk Sequencer with Levels #8152
• 7-Level Communication Builder #7075B
• Auditory Communicator #4399
• Tabletop Pocket Chart w/Dry Erase Board
• Computer Mouse Interface #1165
• Tail Light Switch, Say It Play It #464
• Gumball Switch (Red) #782R
• Textured Tops for Gumball (Set of 4) #3821
• Gumball Switch on Easy Flex Mount #1015
• Ultimate Switch #1671
• Petite Pillow Switch (Red) #831-R
• Pinch Switch #800
• Battery Interrupters AA, C, D (Set of 1 of each) #684
SWITCH ADAPTED PRODUCTS
• Floppy Bunny #150
• Vibrating Pillow #460
ICONS & PHOTOS
• Print it Icon Maker #4069
• High Contrast Icons #4046
• Light Duty Magic Arm System #1557
• AAC Evaluation Genie Free Software – www.humpsoftware.com
NOTE: Objects and icon images are not included.