Specially designed communication devices, ability switches, adapted toys, light boxes and busy boxes for students with visual impairments, their special education teachers, and parents. Devices have high contrast, tactile and well-lit components.
Auditory Communicator 16-LevelsSKU #4399Just right for those unable to use a multi-button communicator due to visual or physical impairments, this unique communicator scans through pre-recorded messages at a volume that only the user can hear.$199.95
Bright Red SwitchSKU #262Improved design! Its large target area and bright red color make this a great choice for those who are visually impaired. Simple to operate, this versatile switch lights up and vibrates when pressed, and will also activate an adapted toy or device.$114.95
A great choice for visually impaired users, this switch’s bright blinking light makes it easy to locate. When the switch is activated, its textured yellow light shines, music plays and the switch vibrates.$159.95
Cheap Talk 6 for VISKU #6056This popular six level communicator has six bright yellow and red switches outlined in black that make it easier for visually impaired users to see and activate them. To view accessories for this item click accessories tab below.$275.95
Kit for the Visually ImpairedSKU #2047NA fabulous kit that includes everything for the VI student. We've now added three of our newest communicators.$2,657.95
Light BoxSKU #3112Our portable light box is a terrific tool for teaching shape and object identification, practicing writing skills and doing arts and crafts. To view accessories for this item click accessories tab below.$375.95
Light Box KitSKU #3114Our bright white light box illuminates teaching tools, creating a high contrast background that can be used to develop awareness of light, color, and objects.$729.95
Light Box Play BundleSKU #4124Light boxes are great for both visually impaired and sighted individuals to help them learn about light, color and objects.$349.95
Musical Light BoxSKU #200This multipurpose musical light box can be used as a bright backlight.$99.95
Tactile Symbol CommunicatorSKU #4040Icons not included! Uniquely designed for those who are blind or dually sensory impaired, this six level communicator with room for 36 six-second messages.$399.95
Visual Light Experience KitSKU #4075Everyone in your classroom will want to experience the dazzling lights and exciting music.$1,174.95
Communication Devices for People With Visual Impairments
Discover our selection of specially designed devices for people with visual impairments, including communication devices, light boxes, busy boxes, ability switches and adapted toys. These products have well-lit, high-contrast and tactile elements. These features help people with visual impairments use their device to have fun, communicate with others or activate another device.
What Are Adaptive Devices for People With Visual Impairments?
When someone with a visual impairment uses adaptive devices, they need a product that they can find using their senses. Adaptive communication devices designed for people with visual impairments have features such as high-contrast, flashing lights or unique textures so the user can locate and use them. The user can then take advantage of the device’s main purpose, such as switch activation, communication or having fun.
How Do Devices for Visual Impairments Help Individuals Use Them?
Adapted devices for people with visual impairments can activate one of these senses for easier use:
- Sight: People with low vision may be able to use an adaptive device if it has high enough contrast or lighting for them to see it. These products use high-contrast colors or bright lights to make it easier for someone with low vision to see them.
- Touch: A distinct texture can help someone with a visual impairment tell a device apart from other objects. Some devices with tactile features vibrate to let the user know when they activate it.
- Sound: Other adaptive devices rely on sound to communicate with the user. They can help someone learn how to locate objects using their hearing or make a sound when the user activates them.
Types of Products for People With Visual Impairments at Enabling Devices
At Enabling Devices, we sell a wide range of adaptive devices for people with visual impairments, including:
- Communicators: We offer communicators for people with a variety of sensory abilities. Our options include devices for people with various levels of vision and hearing so everyone can express themselves.
- Switches: Our selection of adapted switches includes options for people with a wide range of sensory and motor abilities. These switches can activate anything from toys to computers.
- Adapted toys: Everyone can have fun with specially adapted toys! Our toys for kids with visual impairments help them play their way with visual, audio and tactile cues.
- Kits: If you need to build several adaptive devices for people with visual impairments, try one of our comprehensive kits. These bundles also make a great present or donation to a classroom or organization.
Request a Custom Device for Somebody With a Visual Impairment
Our product developers can create a custom product for you if you can’t find what you need on our website. At Enabling Devices, we want to make products for everyone, including products not yet in our catalog. We will listen to your needs and work closely with you to help achieve your adaptability goals. To learn more about our custom capabilities, contact our team today.
Buy Adaptive Devices Online
Find out more about our communication devices for people with visual impairments by browsing the products on this page. For more information, you can request an Enabling Devices catalog or create an online quote.