Adaptive Tools for Occupational Therapy
Products to teach Activities of Daily Living and therapy tools for Occupational Therapists to use with students with disabilities. Adapted Pouring Cups, Switch Activated Scissors, Writing Tools, Timers and Schedulers.
1-Switch Single-Appliance UnitSKU #1490This switch-adapted remote activates most devices from up to 20 feet away.$149.95
Adapted Battery Operated ScissorsSKU #9080WImproved design! Our easy-to-use switch-adapted scissors make class participation and craft activities possible for even the most profoundly impaired. Note: Base color will vary.$79.95 – $208.95
Adapted Garden SpraySKU #9083Tend to your garden with this adapted watering device with a wand that easily attaches to any wheelchair.$225.95
AdaptersSKU #1160WCustom made for all your needs!$9.95 – $20.95
ADL BoardsSKU #7006Build the fine motor skills necessary to dress independently by practicing on our four specially designed dressing boards.$69.95
Face ShieldsSKU #3790XProtect yourself and others with this lightweight, comfortable face shield. *There is a minimum order of 10 face shields, available in Sets of (10), (25) or (50).$129.95 – $547.95
Foot MassagerSKU #3024Relieve your tired, aching feet with our Foot Massager. NON-RETURNABLE$12.95
Jelly Pads (Set of 5)SKU #3112KJelly Pads are sensory tactile and can be used as fidgets, for teaching colors and shapes, and are great with our Light Box #3112.$78.95
LED Light BoxSKU #3220TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE This Ultra-Bright LED Light Box is a terrific tool for teaching shape and object identification, practicing writing skills and doing arts and crafts. To view accessories for this item click accessories tab below.$194.95
Learning to write can be lots of fun with these plush “helpers.” An elastic strap around the writer’s wrist and magnetic paws around the writing implement promote an open thumb web position and a dynamic tripod grasp.$38.95
Pouring Cups for Adapted CookingSKU #20WMix it up with a switch-activated pouring cup that allows users to participate in cooking classes or dramatic play. To view accessories for this item click accessories tab below.$155.95 – $239.95
What Are Adaptive Tools for Occupational Therapy?
Also known as assistive devices, adaptive tools for occupational therapy help people with disabilities learn activities of daily living (ADLs). During occupational therapy, an occupational therapist uses adaptive tools to teach someone with a movement disability how to do everyday tasks. Adaptive occupational therapy tools help the person learn how to do these actions in a way that works for their abilities.
Who Uses Adaptive Equipment for ADL Training?
People with mental and physical disabilities, and those who support them, use assistive occupational therapy equipment. Both children and adults with disabilities can take advantage of the adaptive features of these devices. Different groups use these tools inside and outside of occupational therapy:
- During occupational therapy: In an occupational therapy session, the person with a disability uses adaptive equipment with coaching from their occupational therapist. A caretaker or assistant might also help.
- Outside of occupational therapy: A person with a disability who learns how to use their adaptive tool successfully might use it outside of their occupational therapy sessions. Some types of adaptive equipment can help someone perform ADLs in their everyday lives.
How Do Adaptive Tools Help People Learn ADLs?
Adaptive training tools help people with disabilities learn and perform ADLs by bridging the gap between their abilities and the activity. They make it easier for someone with a disability to practice an ADL so they can apply it to life at home, school and work.
Types of Training Tools Available From Enabling Devices
At Enabling Devices, we offer a variety of occupational therapy training products, including:
- ADL assistance devices: Our ADL assistance devices directly help with everyday activities such as crafting, cooking and gardening.
- Appliance control units: An appliance control unit lets someone with a disability activate an appliance using an interface compatible with their abilities. Some of these devices work with adaptive switches to make them accessible for many people.
- Hand therapy accessories: Hand therapy accessories help people in occupational therapy perform fine motor activities with their hands.
- Handwriting practice tools: Our handwriting practice tools make the writing process more ergonomic for comfortable learning.
- Pagers, call bells and buzzers: With a buzzer or pager, a person with a disability can send an alert to someone else or receive an alert. These products include options for people with and without hearing disabilities.
- Timers and schedulers: Time trackers and timers help some people with disabilities manage their time and get a better grasp on its passage.
Custom Products Available on Request
If you need a specific adaptive device but don’t see it on our website, ask us if we can make one for you! We have an in-house team that manufactures most of the products we sell, and they have the knowledge to custom-make adaptive tools and toys. Our experts will work with you to meet your adaptability goals. For more information about our custom options, contact our product team.
Buy Adaptive Occupational Therapy Tools Online
Explore our inventory to find occupational therapy tools for a wide range of people with different abilities. For more information about our products and pricing, create an online quote or request a catalog today.