Empower Those With Disabilities With Our Adapted Scissors
Some adults and children with physical and mental disabilities often have difficulty participating in activities of daily living (ADL). Luckily, there are many products and devices that can assist them with completing these routine tasks, including our switch-activated scissors. With battery-operated scissors, your child, patient or student can create art and participate in classroom activities with ease.
We believe that cognitive and movement disabilities shouldn’t inhibit individuals from engaging in everyday activities. That’s why at Enabling Devices, we create tools that help support enriching and enjoyable lifestyles.
Battery-Operated Scissors Features
Our switch-adapted scissors are easy to use and make craft activities and class participation possible for even the most profoundly impaired — simply activate your switch to cut through paper. These ADL scissors are easy to remove from their special mounting, making them seamless to install and detach.
Our adapted scissors are held into place with a velcro strap and take two AA alkaline batteries. Our switch-activated scissors work with or without a switch and are compatible with any of our adapted switches for versatile use.
These battery-operated scissors come equipped with a colorful base and pair of functional blades with the following dimensions:
Base size: 6½”L x 5″W x 4″H.
Scissor size: 6½”L x 2″H
Note: Base color will vary.
Additional features include:
- Added safety: A plastic safety guard protects the sharp blades for increased security.
- Dual configurations: You can use the scissors with the base attached and the help of an aide or without the base for those who retain upper limb movement.
- Easy operation: The scissors cut continuously as long as the switch is activated. They automatically stop once the user disengages the switch.
- Comfortable grip: Our adaptive scissors feature a grip designed for maximum user comfort throughout the cutting process.
- Suction-style base: We’ve added suction cups to the base for increased stability and ease of use.
- Effortless cleaning: These scissors wipe clean easily with a soft cloth and nonabrasive cleanser.
Benefits of Switch-Activated Scissors
ADL adaptive tools like our battery-operated scissors come with many valuable benefits that help improve the lives of the users. With adaptive scissors, individuals will be able to:
- Exercise creativity: Whether someone wants to make paper shapes, hats or a decorative greeting card, they can do so seamlessly with these scissors.
- Perform activities with ease: Adaptive tools like our scissors bridge the gap between a user’s abilities and the actions they perform.
- Learn real-life skills: When individuals learn how to use adaptive tools, they can apply those skills to their homes, schools and work environments.
- Gain confidence: When people successfully perform new tasks, they become more confident in themselves.
- Become more independent: Adaptive scissors help users to craft and cut paper with minimal assistance.
How Our Adapted Scissors Can Help
These battery-powered adaptive shears can help those with special needs by:
- Improving eye-hand coordination.
- Enhancing bilateral coordination by involving both hands simultaneously.
- Supporting self-expression and active involvement.
- Making it easier for those with limited mobility to manipulate, grip and operate scissors.
- Creating a calming, interactive experience.
Why Enabling Devices?
Reasons to work with us include:
- We have the most extensive product line: Enabling Devices sells more adaptive product lines than many competitors.
- We thoroughly test our products: Our team works closely with those with a disability to understand their needs and test our devices for their ability to meet challenges.
- We’re a true partner: We’re more than a manufacturer and designer — explore our many support resources for valuable information, tips and ideas.
Buy ADL Devices Today
With over 40 years of experience providing adaptive tools to people with disabilities, you can trust our high-quality products. At Enabling Devices, we’re dedicated to creating practical learning and communication devices for children and adults with disabilities.