Accessibility for your iPad! Choose from our Wireless iPad Ability Switches, iPad Mounting Systems, and five different iPad Styluses which allow those with disabilities to easily access their iPads.
iPad Pro Mounting SystemSKU #1587XThe ultimate accessory! This Mounting system comes with a mounting platform, a light duty arm, and a clamp. The mounting platform, only fits the first and second generation full sized iPad Pro 12.9" models, is designed for easy access to all of the iPad Pro’s electronic ports. #1588 Original Price: $99.95. FINAL SALE – NON-RETURNABLE.$65.95 – $299.95
iPad Accessories for People With Handicaps
iPads are designed to help users create, communicate, learn and play. These ubiquitous tablets are as powerful as a computer and come with accessibility features such as AssistiveTouch, Guided Access and other customization options and features.
Despite these features, for people with mobility problems, vision impairment and other conditions, the slim design of iPads, as well as their touchscreens, can make accessing apps a challenge. Adaptive devices from Enabling Devices can help.
iPads can open up a world of possibilities because they allow users to talk, communicate, write, draw, play and more. These devices also let people with varying abilities connect through screens. With accessories from Enabling Devices, iPads can be even more accessible for those with limited mobility, allowing more users to access all the features possible.
What Are Adapted iPad Accessories?
Adaptive devices for iPads include systems for mounting the tablets to wheelchairs and other surfaces as well as switches for activating apps. Accessories for those who live with mobility and vision impairment can also include styluses that make it easier to draw and write with the iPad. The design of these accessories is meant to address how people living with limited mobility use their iPads, offering them the maximum number of options for making use of all the apps and features these devices can contain.
Types of iPad Accessories for People With Special Needs
For those living with mobility issues and other conditions that affect their ability to hold or use an Apple tablet, several types of accessories can help:
- iPad bundles: Why purchase all your accessories separately? Enabling Devices has put together everything you need. A bundle includes a mounting system and wireless switch to attach your iPad securely to your wheelchair or tabletop and use it seamlessly. If you buy a new iPad, this bundle will give you the basics you need to make your new purchase accessible for someone with reduced mobility. It also makes a great gift for students and loved ones who need a new setup for their existing iPad.
- iPad mounting: If you can’t easily hold onto the iPad while using it, a mount can attach the device to your tabletop or wheelchair, keeping it firmly in place. This is an ideal solution for anyone who doesn’t have the use of their arms or hands. Some mounts also have arms that can move the iPad around, so you can access it easily from different angles. This feature can also be useful in helping users see the screen easily. Some mounts may be dedicated for iPads only, while others can be used with e-readers, phones and other devices.
- iPad switches: For adults and children who do not have the motor skills to navigate the small icons on a touchscreen, wireless switches can help. Switches activate compatible apps, so you can scroll through screens, activate music, increase volume and use apps. Our iPad switches use Bluetooth, a popular technology used in wireless accessories like headphones, making them compatible with a variety of mobile devices.
- Styluses: Adults and children with ALS, MS, cerebral palsy and other conditions that affect mobility can use adaptive styluses to access their tablets using their mouths, hands or heads. Adaptive styluses enable the user to operate the touchscreen as well as draw and write with the parts of their body they can move most easily.
These iPad accessories allow users to take full advantage of the iPad while enjoying independence.
How Do Adapted iPad Accessories Help People With Handicaps?
For those living with quadriplegia and other conditions that alter mobility, adaptive accessories can place an iPad and all it can do within reach. With this technology, users can contact others, pursue creative projects, work, learn and play. These accessories help iPad users:
- Gain independence
- Focus on apps and using their iPad
- Learn new information from the internet
- Express themselves by making art or music with an iPad app
- Communicate with others
- Avoid discomfort caused by using an iPad that’s not properly adapted
- Activate compatible apps
- Adjust their device to meet their needs
If you have an iPad and live with a condition that affects your ability to use all the features it offers — or if you have a loved one who lives with a disability — iPad accessories are a great option. Browse the full line of solutions we offer at Enabling Devices to see what’s possible, or contact us for a consultation if you need personalized help.