Tactile Symbol Communicator
Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices like our tactile symbol communicators help individuals with physical, mental or speech disorders relay messages. These tools are especially helpful for children and adults who are blind or visually challenged, featuring large, textured icons in bright and colorful hues. Our communicators come equipped with many modes and features to offer the full benefit of language and effective communication.
At Enabling Devices, we believe that individuals with disabilities deserve to lead joyful, fulfilling lives. That’s why for over 40 years, we’ve provided the tools, devices and toys they need to learn, communicate and exercise independence.
Totally Tactile Communicator Features
Designed especially for the visually impaired user, this communicator features brightly colored plates with raised designs and an adjustable activation time of one to 12 seconds to gives users time to recognize and activate their message. This device features six levels for a total of 36 messages and a record time of 300 seconds at seven seconds per message.
Our Totally Tactile Communicator comes mounted on a Lazy Susan, which allows users to easily rotate the device. You can operate the tool seamlessly using its three built-in controls:
- On/off adjustment and volume control
- Vibration adjustment
- Playback delay for outside plates
With so many practical and easy-to-use features, your child, student or patient will love communicating with their tactile device.
Benefits of Tactile Symbol Communicators
AAC devices such as our Totally Tactile Communicator serve as the perfect communication tool for children and adults with a wide range of disabilities, including:
- Down syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Former stroke
- Paralysis or other handicaps
- Speech disorders
Our tactile symbol communicators offer many advantages:
- Encourage interaction: Because tactile communication devices help those with speech difficulties relay messages, they’ll feel more motivated to interact with others.
- Useful in public settings: Communicators allow individuals to communicate in various locations, including schools, homes, speech therapy sessions and public spaces.
- Individualized and customizable: You can personalize your Totally Tactile Communicator by customizing your messages, recording times and playback delay depending on the user’s needs.
Order an Adaptive Communicator Today
With a tactile symbol communicator from Enabling Devices, your child, student or patient will experience the joys of effective communication. We design, manufacture and customize products that help people with disabilities gain the confidence and positivity they deserve.
Contact us for more information or browse our selection of AAC adaptive communicators today!