Capability Switch Features
These pocket-sized switches are sensitive, affordable and can be mounted to almost any surface. You can even use all three switches to activate three different devices at once.
Hand, finger and body switches such as our small capability switches allow individuals to activate technology by using only slight finger or wrist movements. Our light touch compact switches require approximately 35 grams of force to operate, which is about as heavy as a standard lightbulb.
Our pocket-sized capability switches come in a set of three with included velcro for easy mounting. They don’t require any batteries — all you have to do is plug the switch into the jack of your switch-adapted device.
Benefits of Compact Capability Switches
Adaptive switches come with a wide array of practical and developmental benefits, including:
- Simplified movement: Switches eliminate the need to perform complex actions when operating devices, like knob turning and control flicking, making them more accessible to users with disabilities.
- Greater independence: When individuals with movement challenges use compact switches, they’re able to complete tasks without additional assistance.
- Higher self-esteem: The feeling of fulfillment that comes with successfully performing actions that initially posed challenges can lead to higher self-esteem and confidence.
- Enhanced brain development: Adaptive switches can help support cognitive development.
- Complete learning tasks: With access to technology and other appliances, individuals can use their abilities to perform learning tasks better.
Purchase Adaptive Switches Today
Your child, student or patient can operate devices more efficiently using our capability switches. At Enabling Devices, we’re dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities learn, communicate and gain a sense of independence through our exceptional product line.
Check out more of our adaptive switches, or contact us for more information!